I’m a self-taught designer and software developer with a background in visual art and music. My career has spanned nearly two decades, and I’ve grown from a solo full-stack freelancer into a senior leader overseeing full product lines in a rapidly scaling organization.
I live with my partner Kara Blake in Montreal, and spend a lot of my time training for foot races.
Some highlights about me:
- PR at Brooklyn Half Marathon 2023 (1:47:49)
- UX Director at Shopify (8 yrs)
- 50 under 50 2021 Concordia Alumni Magazine
- Proud uncle of two wide-eyed and wonderful goblins
- Designer at Pixel Union (2 yrs)
- Self-employed designer and developer (9 yrs)
- MFA from Concordia University
- Studied studio arts at York University
- Drummer in “legendary” hardcore band Grade
- Certificate in basic Japanese fluency (lapsed)
- Hometown is Toronto Ontario
Take a look at my Linkedin profile to learn more about my career history.